August 2009 Reviews - NYC

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AUGUST REVIEWS US

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for you review, Chris, especially the accounts of Trevor's "special touch" in Express and the "inside out" moment in the Winter Scene. You had me really chuckling at both of those!!!! :lol: :lol:

And welcome to the forum, too!! :D Hope you enjoy it here.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Nice review TTheatreGuyLD. Welcome to the forum. It sure sounds like Trevor is a great addition to the cast.
:/
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

So wonderful to hear about the cast handling on-stage mishaps like the tutu! Their professionalism never ceases to amaze! I look forward to seeing Trevor's Michael.

A great entry to the Forum, Chris! Welcome!
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Nice review TTheatreGuyLD. Welcome to the board. It sure sounds like Trevor is a great addition to the cast.
While I am sure this is true, I don't understand why they didn't let Keean be Michael. Trevor is only 11, he's got time.

The three times I saw him, Keean was just as good as Frank Dolce. No one would have ever been able to label him an "understudy"- he's too good for that.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I believe that people have said Keean is in Billy training, but I have no confirmation of that.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

jillmichael wrote: I don't understand why they didn't let Keean be Michael.
I don't understand that either. In fact when I saw the show in July I was very surprised to learn that Keean was not an official Michael. Who knows? Still, I'm sure all of these boys have successful careers ahead of them.
:/
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

It is true that Keean was in the 10-day (or was it 2-week?) intensive Billy final audition group that yielded Trent, Kiril and David, as well as Tanner, Hogan and ... anyone else I missed? He's in the photos and film footage. So, if Keean made it that far at that time, it makes sense that he'd be in Billy camp now.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

phoebe wrote:It is true that Keean was in the 10-day (or was it 2-week?) intensive Billy final audition group that yielded Trent, Kiril and David, as well as Tanner, Hogan and ... anyone else I missed? He's in the photos and film footage. So, if Keean made it that far at that time, it makes sense that he'd be in Billy camp now.
They pick both Billys and Michaels from those auditions, but it looks like everyone else in that bunch that we have seen in the show so far, except for Keean, has turned out to be a Billy, so I would say it makes perfect sense. London has a Billy that started as a Michael, and now plays both, and a Michael who has supposedly gone into Billy training as well.
Ellen

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:I believe that people have said Keean is in Billy training, but I have no confirmation of that.
From your lips to God's ears! =) He certainly has the acting and singing down, but to be Billy, you have to really wow them with your ballet too. Either way, he's an awesome Michael and I really hope he sticks around for a while! He's one of the show's shining stars!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

TTheatreGuyLD wrote:Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7pm
Billy: David Álvarez
Michael: Trevor Braun

Trevor ends up doing this whole “to hot to touch” thing as I would call it, where you lick your finger and then touch your ass making a hissing sound… I think as my jaw dropped it was partly in shock of “I can’t believe he just did that!”. Some might think or say that it was inappropriate for an 11 year old to play the role as he did but I think as this role was created it is meant to be played like this with very “over the top” shall we say reactions.

Chris
I love it! Inappropriate? Maybe, but if so, bring it on LOL These kids are having a great time and the role is meant to be over the top. I'm guessing he's also trying out different material to see what works best. Thanks for the fun review! =)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Reviews Archive”