Hotels & Dining - London

Justin
Tall Boy

Re: Hotels & Dining - London

Post by Justin »

ERinVA wrote:
Justin wrote:For 30 people? Not sure.

For smaller groups though - Nandos and Wagamammas just adjacent to the theatre are my pick.
How about pub type venues with a room that could be reserved for people to gather as a group for drinks?
Like the outing on the old forum? We rented the upstairs right. I think they gave us the room/venue free as long as we spent £200 on the bar which wasnt that difficult actually. If they're 20 people each contribute £10.
Red's my colour
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, that was at the Duke of York.

Someone said it is closed. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

It was open yesterday!

It was closed for a bit admittedly.

ETA - So when is the party Ellen?? :D
Red's my colour
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I second the Duke of York. I still have good memories of a previous forum outing there. I also have good memories of a few beers downstairs (purchased for me by friends, of course :lol: :lol: ) well after stage door sessions, when the Stage Door Pub had already closed.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Justin wrote:
- So when is the party Ellen?? :D
Oh boy, party for Tanner, a week later party for Kiril in NYC, and the following day party for Hadyn, (courtesy the FOBE forum.) I may be partied out after all that! :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thinking about a night near the 5th birthday. Just ruminating on the idea at the moment. It is, after all, a long time away...
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

If people are travelling around London and want a quick lunch, then try The Salvation Army international headquarters near St Pauls go down to the wobbly bridge and you can't miss it, also the Salvation Army in Oxford street opposite BHS, good food for lunch and all in aid of a good cause. Another favorite place is the restaurant at Methodist Central Hall Westminster right near Westminster Abbey again good food for charity. Salad is very good. Whilst there take a glance at the grand staircase and main hall with the wonderful church organ. Original home of the UN
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Muppet
Michael

Re: The Chester Hotel - anyone stayed there?

Post by Muppet »

deebeeeff wrote:(Sorry. I know there must be a hotel thread or section here, but I couldn't find it.)

Has anyone stayed at the Chester Hotel. Reviews are mixed, to say the least, but I would love a first hand account.
Is it in Victoria, it sounds familiar? If it is, I think I may have done and it was an absolute dive. If it isn't I probably haven't and so just ignore this, it's probably ok! Most of the cheaper smaller hotels around Victoria are health & safety death-traps and should be shut down - they are of an apalling standard!!
tzwicky
George

Yeah, but some of them in Kensington are haunted .........

Post by tzwicky »

Back before I discovered poverty and living life on a budget, I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian in Kensington for two trips to London and found that 50% of the rooms I stayed in were haunted.

Well, the haunting manifested as "bump in the night" stuff that went on for hours in the next-door room, but the front desk said no one was staying in that room overnight.

No Ghostbusters moments, though those blokes were quite noisy.

So far, cheaper lodging in Victoria (Cherry Court) seem only haunted by me, posting late nite reviews of my latest BETM from the hallway computer (barefoot older man in his jammies typing as fast as possible).

tzwicky
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I've always been partial to the Best Western Victoria Palace Hotel - http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Bes ... fault.aspx - which is an easy walk to the theatre. They have a computer in the lobby by the front desk which is free to guests of the hotel, and the price of a room includes a hot breakfast buffet. The rooms aren't huge, but they're comfortable, quiet, air conditioned, and there's a lift - which many of the smaller hotels in the area don't seem to have.

As for the questions about the Duke of York pub, it was indeed closed for remodeling a year ago but was back up and running when I was there 3 months ago.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”