Cesar Corrales: Billy - Chicago and Toronto

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Cesar Corrales

Post by mrmikerocks »

Watching Cesar is like watching heaven. The way he dances is like a dream.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Cesar helped unveil the marquis at the newly renovated Broadway Playhouse in Chicago yesterday. Broadwayworld.com has a story and a couple of pictures:

http://chicago.broadwayworld.com/articl ... d_20100923
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Happy 14th Birthday, Cesar!!!

Enjoy your day.
xpress
Small Boy

Post by xpress »

My goodness, yes! Happy birthday Cesar! Hope this year brings you joy!!!!
"I know that he's looking out for me and I know he's in heaven. I thought about him right before I performed for the very first time on October 6th and I know he had the best seat in the house." -Alex Ko
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Happy Birthday Cesar! Hope you had a good one. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mikeguy
Audience Member

Post by mikeguy »

Cesar's performance on Nov 14 has to be one of the best I have seen him do, even though it was only the 3rd performance I have seen! But he has added more expressions and actions into parts of the musical that he hadn't done earlier, which really made it great. He is so real in his movements, his facial expressions, his inflections! His dancing is just flawless and just a pure joy to watch! He seemed to modify some of his movements and expressions, and I mentioned that to him and he agreed, and that is good as it makes for something different each time you see this play and the same actor. It keeps this musical FRESH!~ And Cesar is a master!! I just hope his voices slows down on changing so he can continue for a long time in this role. And he is a real nice kid to talk to!
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

As posted on Keean's track, After yesterday's final performance for him, and my comments regarding his superb contributions to Billy Elliot, I felt absolutely compelled to add my review of Cesar's performance as well...which I felt without equivocation, was the best I had seen from all the Billies I had observed from London, to NY, to Chicago. I was absolutely dumb-struck from his animation, his facial responses to all that was going on around him, his connection with the audience who absolutely loved him, and so many minor gestures which, frankly, I had never seen from any other Billy. He added so much humanity to his part, notwithstanding, the clarity of his dialogue, projection...all his mannerism which seem to reach outside the rehearsed aspects of the role of Billy the way others have interpreted it. If one sees the show enough, you can almost predict the next movements, steps, reactions of Billy and Michael. Not with Cesar. He is amazingly unpredictable, which only gives one cause to keep your eyes on him to see what's coming next. He is a "pros-pro" that's all there is to it. When I left the theater catching him for some photos with myself, and the opportunity to simply tell him, he was "perfect," I felt a sense of exhilaration in that I had seen the best Billy anyone could hope for. This, of course, is a personal opinion, but gosh, I don't know, Cesar just mesmerized me yesterday, like I had not been moved to that extent before. All one had to do is measure the enthusiasm of the house [the largest crowd I had seen at the Oriental in sometime] to realize Cesar had produce true magic in his performance, and of course, his "electricity," and the absolute lucid dead-on technique of his dancing...was confirmed through the audience's sustained response which I almost felt could have gone on forever had he not pulled the trigger himself in turning to his father. I'm so excited to see him perform again, and have to tell myself to cool the melancholy at this early time, knowing we will be losing this show in a matter of days. Kindest regards, Colin
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Cesar is featured in the December/January issue of Pointe Magazine, in its list of "The Standout" dancers.

http://www.pointemagazine.com/issues/de ... /standouts
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

TimeOut Chicago recognizes Cesar as one of the "Powerhouses" of dance in Chicago during 2010.

The Powerhouses
These dancers blew the roof off every building in which they performed. Opening night of Billy Elliot the Musical made news with its celeb-studded audience, but even Oprah and Sir Elton couldn’t take the shine off Cesar Corrales’s fearless performance. Christian Denice’s star continued to rise at River North Chicago Dance Company, and José Torres of Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater unloaded a ferocious fusillade of flamenco footwork.

http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/dan ... en-of-2010
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
canuck_fan
Audience Member

Post by canuck_fan »

I have seen Cesar perform the role of Billy in Toronto and he was brilliant. His dancing is flawless and while on stage he has your attention always. His singing is very earnest and his interaction with other cast members is great to watch. If you get a chance to watch Cesar in Toronto consider yourself very lucky because his performance is spot on and IMHO I believe Toronto is getting a truly great Billy in Cesar. He attracts really long applauses after his dancing numbers and standing ovations during the show. Seeing this as an audience member just makes you feel really happy for him because that type of recognition is well deserved.

Admittingly, all the boys who play Billy are great as noone can do what they can in 3hrs. So props go out to the entire cast as well!

Return to “Cast - Toronto”