Liam Redhead

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Liam Redhead

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:I don't know if he even got a bouquet, but I expect he did, and as CJ has said above, the farewell between Billy and Michael was "See you, Neil. See you, Liam." I am sure that someone will let us know more details before long.

Yes small boy brought a bouquet to Liam, so they did follow that tradition. :)

Also the other Billys (minus Peter) were present for Liam's final performance. That's not something that happens too often, that 4 Billys are in the same theater. However these boys have all worked together for nearly a year. I'm sure last night was quite emotional for all of them.
:/
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
ERinVA wrote:I don't know if he even got a bouquet, but I expect he did, and as CJ has said above, the farewell between Billy and Michael was "See you, Neil. See you, Liam." I am sure that someone will let us know more details before long.

Yes small boy brought a bouquet to Liam, so they did follow that tradition. :)

Also the other Billys (minus Peter) were present for Liam's final performance. That's not something that happens too often, that 4 Billys are in the same theater. However these boys have all worked together for nearly a year. I'm sure last night was quite emotional for all of them.

Correct that in Australia none of the departing billy's were ever publicly recognized.
The cast did sing farewell to Liam behind the closed curtain.
Small boy did run on with flowers but the bulk of the audience were not aware of the significance.
Just like in Australia, I then found myself spending the time it took exiting the theatre explaining to confused patrons what had just occurred and why the "see you Neil, see you Liam" line.

Now on a more positive note what wonderful parents Liam has. They were so friendly at the stage door and totally fascinated that there were fans there to see Liam from all parts of the world.
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

porschesrule wrote: So Liam got a bousquet, but not the traditional Dad giving him back to his real family at the end?
That isn't really traditional in London either. It's been my experience that the "giving back" has been done at perhaps half the leavings? It all depends on the wishes of the boy and his family. I've attended a number of leavings where the parents didn't wish to go on stage at the end. Most notably, Liam Mower's parents didn't want that, and their wishes were respected.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

It is a shame that the big recognitions seem to be reserved just for the original Billys in each city. Not to slight them, but all the other ensuing Billys trained just as hard and practiced just as hard as they did. I think the least they could do would be for one of the adult cast members or the resident director to step forward at the beginning or end of the show and announce that it's their final performance and to thank them for their time in the show.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Todd wrote:I think the least they could do would be for one of the adult cast members or the resident director to step forward at the beginning or end of the show and announce that it's their final performance and to thank them for their time in the show.
Unless it changed very recently, that's still the way it's done in London. It's the resident director who makes the announcement at the beginning of the show, unless "The Man" himself is there. :)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Quite correct johnnyc. In fact Jake Pratt, who played Michael, left last Saturday and Nick Evans, the resident director, came on stage and gave a wonderful speech about him before the show started.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

johnnyc wrote:
Todd wrote:I think the least they could do would be for one of the adult cast members or the resident director to step forward at the beginning or end of the show and announce that it's their final performance and to thank them for their time in the show.
Unless it changed very recently, that's still the way it's done in London. It's the resident director who makes the announcement at the beginning of the show, unless "The Man" himself is there. :)
I guess I was thinking more of Australia and now in New York with Liam where no announcement was made about it being their last show. Glad to hear they still make mention of it in London, although the big farewell productions that were done with the 3 originals there - as well as with Leon Cooke - appear to have stopped with the original cast. It will be interesting to see how they handle it in Chicago with two of the original Billys there leaving this fall.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

I can see not doing the "handing him back to his family" bit; it does take quite a while and some theater-goers have had enough by then. But I can think of no reason why a brief announcement and tribute about a Billy's departure cannot be made just before Small Boy comes on stage at the beginning. Not only is it appropriate and deserving to recognize the actor's dedication and accomplishment, but it also heightens the audience's involvement and excitement to know that they are in for an especially emotional treat, plus that they are responsible for giving this boy the send-off to remember.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Liam has tweeted photos of his dog, Farley, in Halloween costume as a cheerleader! :lol: :lol:

Back 8-) :D
http://twitpic.com/317ea7

Front 8-) :D
http://twitpic.com/317ekb

GO DOGS!! :lol: :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Trent Kowalik has posted some pictures on his blog which captured a visit with Liam, Tessa Netting and another friend who got together today.

http://trentkowalik.com/

Return to “Cast - Broadway”