October 2009 Reviews - London

chocchipcookie26
Tony

Re: October 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

dwallen wrote:No Bungie, I think I have seen everyone else now but Connor was a revelation. I am looking forward to seeing him again in the future. Am I right that there is a suggestion that Brad will perform again?
I agree about Connor, he was FANTASTIC!
And yes, Brad will be performing again, although 31st was official last show, he'll be doing Saturday shows this month and i think, next
x
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Ive just spent 30 mins doing a great review of sat, pressed the submit button, and up came the page where you have to type your login name. My review is no where to be seen . So frustrating. It was the best review Ive ever done. So cross :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ill try again tomorrow xxxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

pinknick103 wrote:Ive just spent 30 mins doing a great review of sat, pressed the submit button, and up came the page where you have to type your login name. My review is no where to be seen . So frustrating. It was the best review Ive ever done. So cross :evil: :evil: :evil:
awww how annoying!!!

Im sure it was great! x
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

pinknick103 wrote:Ive just spent 30 mins doing a great review of sat, pressed the submit button, and up came the page where you have to type your login name. My review is no where to be seen . So frustrating. It was the best review Ive ever done. So cross :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nick, it IS maddening. Did you try hitting the back button on your browser. It will usually get you back to your review. What you described has happened to me countless times. The system seems to log you out after a period of inactivity even if you do several previews. I have now got into the habit of copying and pasting the review into Notepad or Wordpad as it progresses just in case.

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

When I do a review, which is not often as I'm rubbish at them, then I do them in word and keep saving. When it is finished I then cut and paste it into the review box.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Remi
Small Boy

Post by Remi »

I am afraid this is the "best" I can provide :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

chocchipcookie26 > check your PMs ;)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

chocchipcookie26 wrote: And yes, Brad will be performing again, although 31st was official last show, he'll be doing Saturday shows this month and i think, next
x
This has come up before when other Billys have had their "official" last show only to return and do more over the next month or two, but I'm surprised the production team doesn't just wait and have their "official" last show when it really is their last performance. I know sometimes they don't think they will be performing again and then unusual circumstances require them to be brought back for awhile (such as with James Lomas and more recently Kiril Kulish who returned to the theater as a stand-by).

But in the case with Brad (and with Leon Cooke, for example) it seems a little strange to have all the hoopla, the tearful farewell scenes and announcements made before the show about it being their last performance when they know darn well that they will be scheduled to do more shows in the coming weeks. Although I'm sure it doesn't matter to casual fans of the show, to those of us who follow the production closely - and to the actor himself - it seems too bad to invest all that emotion into it being their final show and then soon after to effectively be told, "Just kidding!"

On the positive side, it will give those people who hadn't had a chance to see Brad perform yet quite a few more chances to see him. I was sorry it didn't work out for me to see him this past summer after reading all the positive comments about him on here.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

They are great photos! LOVE the 2nd one :)
x
Mel8.12
Audience Member

Post by Mel8.12 »

This has come up before when other Billys have had their "official" last show only to return and do more over the next month or two, but I'm surprised the production team doesn't just wait and have their "official" last show when it really is their last performance.
Yes, that´s what I was wondering as well.....
.....electricity, sparks inside of me.....
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

Fantastic review - as always, Justin! 8-) 8-) edited: uuups - what happened to his review??

Very many thanks to all recent reviewers! Great! Please do keep them coming!
Reading the reviews is the second best you can do apart from seeing the show yourself!!

On:
This has come up before when other Billys have had their "official" last show only to return and do more over the next month or two, but I'm surprised the production team doesn't just wait and have their "official" last show when it really is their last performance.
As far as I got it, it has to do with the contracts: The contracts end at the official Last Night, and the leaving Billy-actors are only paid until then - and after that they are no longer member of the cast (with no obligations any more of day-today-presence, doing rehearsals, and sit in as back-up during the shows etc. etc.) - but a few of them just come back to help out with one or two (or very rarely a couple) more shows then - and then are only paid for those single extra events.

See their different contract periods here: http://www.londonmusicalsonline.com/pro ... ?ProdID=BE

But back to great reviews please...
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)

Return to “Reviews Archive”